Friday, February 19, 2010

Today's quote:

"Walking isn't a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage." ~ Evan Esar


Yeah, I stole it from somebody else's blog.

This came in an email:

"Little Old Lady"
A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two large plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand.
Unfortunately, there's a rip in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 note falls out onto the pavement.
Noticing this, a policeman stops her.... "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of your bag ..."
"Oh, really? Darn!" says the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can collect them. Thanks for the warning!"
"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "How did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"
"Oh, no", says the little old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game; a lot of fans come and pee through the bushes, right into my flower beds!"
"So, I go and stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper, and each time someone sticks his little thingy through the bushes, I say, $20 or off it comes!"
"Well, that seems only fair." laughs the cop. "OK, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"
"Well", says the little old lady, "not everybody pays..."

3 comments:

  1. Eww. Hey IT, thanks for stopping by! Montpelier, hmm? Your exam answer sheet is most original. Now, I've always had a thing for you, but I can't remember where I've seen you..Warner Bros. cartoons? Anyway, I'll be following you. I hope your wife doesn't mind.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sully ~ Yeah, ow!

    @ Robyn~ Montpelier is a stock answer to any poll on Dave Barry's blog... so it's not really original because I copied. My hamsters drag me all of blogdom... or is it blogosphere... so you could very well have seen my mug almost anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right