Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whoa! Hold on there.

.

Read somewhere about a controversy over where the Whoopie (Whoopee?) Pie originated, Maine or Pennsylvania? It turns out it may have been neither. I don't much care one way or another. What caught my attention is that the name probably derived from... let me post the quote:
"It is believed they really got their name from the Gus Kahn song" and a popular term used at the time to get around Hollywood censors, says Ms. Griffin.[author Nancy Griffin] It was called: "Makin' Whoopee."
I don't think I'll ever see the Whoopie Pie in quite the same Light again.

.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I'm with you in not thinking of it in the same way again. Thanks for that...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right