Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Who Do You Root For?

.



It's not my question. Suldog posted it. I had a much bigger image, but decided not to rub salt. The Giants were not my first choice when I was younger. Until 1957 the Brooklyn Dodgers were my favorite major league team. Then they did the unpardonable and moved to L.A. The Giants moved almost into my back yard so it wasn't too difficult to become a fan and list to Russ Hodges and Lon Simmons broadcast the games on KSFO all summer long.
That's all changed now. My back yard has moved 200 miles. Now Jon Miller and any one of a number of others broadcast the games on KNBR. There's no local station carrying the games. Listening is as good as it ever was... when I can pick up the signal.
There are other sports and other teams who get me excited at times. But I'm fairly certain baseball, and particularly the Giants are in the forefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right