Monday, February 7, 2011

Mondays

.
I am sure happy the Pirates made a game of it in the World Series Steelers at least made the Super Bowl game interesting yesterday. It seems it is always more interesting to watch a game when the outcome is in doubt up to the end. The only folks who seem to enjoy a blowout are the fans of the team doing the scoring.

And just think... if the outcome had been decided before the half, there would be one heck of a lot of sponsors out there wish they had saved the money they used to buy spots during the last half.
Speaking of money, Christina should have spent some to buy the sheet music for the national anthem... or at least Googled.

Before the game I was watching the patriotic show where they had folks from all over the country doing a recitation alongside footballers. At one point they were inside a warehouse with a bunch of people in lime green shirts. I heard somebody else ask, "Who are they?"
The response was, "Those are the real Green Bay Packers."

Someone else said the Packers deserved to win because of all the money they save us. Another person wanted to know why. It seems that if the Packers had lost two weeks ago, the Chicago Bears would have been in Dallas. The President is a fan of the Bears and would have attended. Imagine what the cost of security would be.

I am so ready for baseball.
.

2 comments:

  1. I was never really a fan of sports until I started watching football about seven years ago. The year before last, I actually started watching some baseball and enjoyed it a little... I was thinking I need to give the assorted sports another shot. With as much as I enjoy football, it really sucks when the seasons is over, cause there's really nothing much else on TV that I look forward to.

    I found myself wondering last night if I'd enjoy basketball... I think we'll find out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there you go. You have the Celtics right there in your back yard and the best part is they play like a team.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right