Friday, January 28, 2011

Reality television

.
Another blogger... and some news sites... noted that today is the 25th anniversary of the Challenger exploding.
Then the question was posed regarding what the first in-school live-televised disaster will be for this generation of kids.
So my question is why do we need televisions in the home, when the kids are watching TV in school?

Bonus question:
What is the first major horror story disaster you remember from TV?

(I'd say mine was JFK's assassination, but for one minor detail. We didn't have TV reception where I was.)

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one. I was in kindergarten. I remember coming home from school and seeing the shuttle blowing to bits on TV. There was a heavy heart for Massachusetts because of Christa MacAuliffe. I remmeber being sad about it.

    I remember in High School the news of the OJ Simpson trial being broadcast on the PA system. Weird how times have changed.

    When we got bomb scares (which were usually kids trying ot get out of a test), they holed us all up in the gym while police scoured the building. Now everything within a 10 mile radius goes into lockdown.

    It's scary to think of the drills and things my son at age 6 is going ot have to go through in school as more measures are taken and our society gets more and more twisted and paranoid.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right