Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Maybe #2


Joe, the Cranky Old Man, posted some thoughts
They weren't necessarily his, but I would venture he agreed mostly?
At the end of the post he opined:
"I sure hope the day comes when we stop categorizing everything as a race, gender or age issue and try to pull together."
Me too
Because as long as we continue to look for the differences and base our decisions and preferences on differences the world will continue to have shit storms

Don't get me wrong
The last thing I want is for everyone to start being alike
I just want folks to find the commonality in each of us
We can still disagree
But if we have that one thing in common, a similarity, we can get along to some degree
We won't need anti-discrimination statutes

Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I'm a misogynist or in discriminate against women
The only women I even have issues with are the ones who use gender as a tool

Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I can't accept GLBTs
I just can't accept that they should have some kind of advantage over me

Just because I'm white doesn't make me a honky

The bottom line here is, as far as I'm concerned, as long as others keep bringing up these differences they'll remain an issue
As soon as those issues are dropped more of us may start to see much alike we all are

Just because I don't like the Dodgers, doesn't mean I can't get along with someone who's a Dodger fan (or is that too extreme?)

Just because I'm not normal...




2 comments:

Go ahead.
I dare ya!



who you callin' a goat head?


Robin gifted me this

...and this, too!

Robyn gifted me this

Apryl presented this one

Bacon

Bacon
from Uncle Skip

An award

An award
From A Daft Scots Lass

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"

"...you magnificent ba$tard!"
from Ol' AF Sarge

Put it back where it started!!!

copy this

copy this
stick it anywhere

set things right